The weather this weekend was pretty nasty, Saturday it was about 50 or below and rainy, and Sunday was overcast with about an hour of sun, and then right back into storms. The big event for me on Saturday was a bike road bike ride. I rode 63 miles, it took 3.5 hours, and let me tell you, it was hilly hilly hilly. I have ridden in the rocky mountains, the mountains in Georgia too, and I hate to say it, but the hills over here seem to be just as tough.... and maybe even tougher. In the rockies and Georgia you know when you are going to climb, and you climb for anywhere between 15 minutes up to an hour, and then you are going down then you are riding on flat land. Over here in Connecticut though, you are always go up a hill, then down a hill, up a hill, up a hill, down a hill, no flat spots really. This is really taxing on your body, as it never really gets a break, and you never know how long the hill is, it could be 45 seconds, or up to about 12 or 13 minutes. Needless to say, about 63 miles in the rain and cold, and up all these hills I was tired, and rolling into the driveway has never felt so good. Oh yeah, I rode up into Massachusetts, so I got to ride to a different state on my bike, a first for me.
Then I went to the mall to get some work clothes, and long story short, I found some pants that fit me(a tough thing to do), and two polo shirts, and after all the discounts and coupons it was only $40.00.
On Sunday I was planning on doing a mountain bike ride, but when last night my knee started to bother me, I think it was because of the cold weather. So I decided to save me knee, and take the day off. I went to Wal-Mart and did some grocery shopping, its amazing how much the food costs for one person, so far about $200.00 for these first two weeks, I hope it starts to go down! Played some guitar, haven't don't that in a while, and right about now I am going to sit down and get started on the book I have been wanting to get started for the past week. Its an engineering book that is supposed to read like a novel, we will see about that.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Mike- great description of your day. Sounds to tough for me. Good idea to take a break on the ride. Save yourself for next weekend so you can cover my butt. Good luck on the food.
Mike - way to go on the shopping excurison - spending only $40 on work clothes (must be nice to be a guy!). Grandma would be proud of your coupon use! Can't wait to visit in July. Love, Aunt Mary
Post a Comment