Monday, May 21, 2007

The Town of Storrs Mansfield

Work was work today, they are done moving all the furniture around, so I have an office now which will allow me to get much more done.

When I got back from work I wanted to go far a nice easy bike ride to test out the knee. So I decided to do the route I did the first day, except this time bring along the camera to caputure some of the Storrs Mansfield scenery. (Hint: you can click on all these pictues to make them larger! Then click on your back button to get back to the main blog)


This is an old abandoned shack that is out in the woods along one of the back country roads. Its pretty neat, looking tucked away in the woods. I went to get a close look and believe me, I will not post those, becasue the inside is falling aprt, I want you to have a nice vision of this town.
This is a picture of a little river that runs down a rocky hill bedind the shack. Just look at all of the rocks, this is very characteristic of the woods out here, lots of rocks on hillsides.
This is bread maker here, look at how professional this looks, this should be a computer background! This is taked pretty much on the University of Connecticut (UCONN) campus, and I could not quite give it justice, but there are lots of rolling hills in the background.
This is a pretty cool place right here, a cemetery that started back in 1693. There are a lot of headstones, as pictued below. The oldest one I could find was in the early 1700s. A lot of the headstones are so worn away that you can't even read them, and the ones that you can read are hard to make out. It is really a sight to be seen, its weired to think that more than 300 years ago people were standing in the same place I was standing looking at brand new headstones.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures, its truly hard to show how pretty and how "New England" this place is. I can't want to show my visitors around so they can get an idea of how neat this place is!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Can't wait to be a visitor:) Great pics! XOXOXO

catman said...

Mike- great pictures. If the mountain trails look like that stream you are in for a great summer.

Mike said...

Yeah, well that river is not to far off of what the trails look like, they are pretty rocky. I am excited to have visitors too mom!