Friday, May 18, 2007

Week 1 in the bag

An excellent week to say the least. Everything is working out really well, work is good, the house is good, the bike is awesome, and I am surviving by myself all right. I can only hope that this continues for the rest of the summer.
I went for a ride today, I wanted to ride the route that I meant to yesterday, and mission accomplished. I realized what turn I messed up on, and the ride was nice. The weather was less than great, drizzling and about 45 degrees, but I bundled up and toughed it out, gotta train when no one else will.
But I would have to say the highlight of the day occured during the working hours. I meet the secreatary that was on vacation last week, and she is a really nice lady, talks a lot, just like mom. Well anyways, I was standing there with a few other folks, and they all had Rogers shirts, and I did not. So she would not stand for that, so she went into a closet and came out with a collered denim shirt with the Roges R&D logo on it, I feel in love right away. This was also convient because it was casual Friday, so I had a pair of jeans on. The thought hit me right away, the possibility that I could be wearing a full denim outfit has finally arrived, and after 21 years I was about to look truly awesome. So I did it, I put that shirt on like it was destiny and was covered from head to toe in denim, a dream come true. I had to share this will all of you, so I got home and the first thing I did was took a picture of myself in the entire ensemble. So, read it and weep everyone, full denim....

4 comments:

Bouza In LA said...

I don't whether to congratulate you or cry with you, but you sir, have become your dad. :)

(And I know he'll be reading this, but he knows I wish I had 1/4th of his fashion sense)

catman said...

Britian has obviously not dulled Mr. Bouza's thinking. To have my fashion sense is a gift few men can pull off.
The outfit looks great, got to work on the expression or the whole ensemble falls apart. Remember denim is durable but full denim is a attitude!

Mom said...

I don't know what was more fun - looking at the picture of you in full denim or the comments! And, whats this about the secretary talks a lot like MOM ? >:)

Maybe the shirt with a pair of Khaki pants?
XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Mike, oh my gosh, you are totally turning into your dad. Not sure if you know, but I kinda mad fun of him (I love you uncle Bob), for wearing denim on denim at Chris' going away party. Oh my...I laughed out loud when I saw that. Glad to hear you are having a good time and riding a lot!!!
~Your Cuz Lindsey