Sunday, May 13, 2007

After Organizing and the house











Today was my first mountain bike ride and I had a blast. I had to wake up at 7:00 AM to make it to the 8:00 AM ride, driving 13 miles takes 30 minutes out here, its no longer a mile a minute. I meet a local group that does tons of mountain biking, there was 7 of us, I was the youngest one, and there was one women. The trails are everything that I hoped for, lots of hills, stream crossings, and tons and tons of rocks. The bike I am using has one gear and no shocks to absorb all the bumps from the rocks. My hands are killing me from holding on so tight, but we ended up riding 20 miles in about 3.5 hours, a great ride with a great bunch of people.

On another note I have finally finished organizing the room, and I think that it turned out pretty well. I also walked around the house a little bit to give a bigger picture of the house.

Today I also meet one of my housemates Will, he is 22 a sculpture major, but draws comics for newspapers, and grew up in Rhode Island. We made dinner together, and just hung out for about 2 hours talking about tons of stuff. THe good news is that Will is a good guy, but he warns me about the other guy, and 36 year old DJ. Will claims he is a little strange, but I will see here in a few days when we gets back from Las Vegas.
Well, I better get ready for the first day of work tomorrow, talk to you all soon!

5 comments:

catman said...

Place looks great mike keep up the blog.
Cant wait to here about the day tomorrow at Rogers and the next bike ride.

catman said...

Hey Mike Catman is dad in case you didnt know

catman said...

Mike - I hope DJ doesnt read your comment about what will said

Mike said...

Well dad, I am pretty sure that DJ man will not read this... at least I hope

Aunt Mary said...

Mike - love the pink bathroom!