Friday was a good day at work, I had a meeting with my boss about my progress, then more intern orientation with all the interns this time, and then an intern dinner.
The meeting with the boss went really well. We were discussing my progress, and my path for the rest of the summer. I now have a more defined idea of where I am going on more of a week to week basis. For the next month I am going to keep on working on similiar stuff that I am doing now, then starting July 1st I am going to make a more structured experiement. In terms of my progress he thinks I am doing well, and he seems to think that I am organized and keeping it all together, so that is good.
The intern orientation was fun because I got to meet all the other interns, which include interns from Research and Design (thats me), quality analysis, and then marketing and the business side of the company. We had a few speakers, both were vice president of something or another, and then a presentation on harassment. I don't understand these harassment presentations, they always present situations that are so off the wall, you really can't help but laugh about it. Harassment is not funny, but everytime I get one of these its always a joke, that should change.
Then the dinner. This was the best part of the day. The place we went was pretty nice, and all 14 or 15 interns went then 3 or 4 people from Rogers came along as well. We got tons of food, I myself got chicken fajitas, but I got have gotten what ever I wanted. My the crowning moment was when I got a beer, a beer on the companies tab, I could get used to that! I also got dessert, and at the end of the meal I am sure the bill was pretty hefty, thank you Rogers!
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment