Sunday, June 3, 2007

A day with a friend

Saturday was a really great day because my good friend Pete came to visit. Its pretty funny, I got this internship last fall and I knew I was going to be in Connecticut. Pete has been a friend of mine all the way though college and we were on the cycling team together, we were also roommates for the past few years. Pete was interviewing with a company out in Grennich, CT and it turned out that he got the job, so both of us were going to be in CT this summer. He lives about 2 hours away, and he are planning on doing some good adventuring this summer. So Pete drove up to my house, and we went for an awesome 55 mile bike ride. It was similiar to the ride I did a few weeks ago, except it was not raining and cold, and I had some good company. It is funny how much quicker this ride went by then last time, good company and weather I guess.

Pete and I then went and grabbed some lunch at this pizza place we found on the bike ride. We ordered the local micro brew, and I am not going to do that again, not very good! The pizza on the other hand was pretty tasty. Then the bill came, and we both dived for it, I really wanted to pay for lunch because he had to drive up to see me, but he really insisted so I let him nab it. So, thanks for lunch Pete!!!!!

About this time I started thinking, one of my best friends for the past three years is not going to be in Ann Arbor when I head back this year. This really hit me pretty hard when I left lunch, and I guess this is growing up, but it goes by so fast, especially when I am so lucky to have everything better then I could have ever hoped. Everybody always tell you it goes by before you know it, and its so true, I am doing everything I can to slow it down and enjoy it all, but it really is tough. This is one of the main reasons I am doing this blog, I am doing it so everybody can see what I am up to, but I also thought that keeping this would help me think back to all that I do this summer, and will allow me to "slow" it down.

On that note, I love you all, and being over here all by myself is rough, but I will see everyone soon, and some others even sooner.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I am one of the lucky - sooner ones - you mentioned seeing! I love reading your entries and enjoy getting new ones frequently. Yes, times goes fast, so enjoy the good times, but know and find comfort that you will be home soon:)
XOXOX

Anonymous said...

your mom's so mushy. Rock On Dude!
can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.

Mike said...

See ya in a week and two or three days, but no ones counting!